27 February, 2009

Jumbly Bumbly

So much is going on. My mind is all a jumble, and my emotions are so wonky. I must need a vacation. I wanted to try to sort things out, and writing has to at least add organization to thought right? Well- maybe.

Most consuming on my mind, I have been going through a medical thing. I am fine- really- no alarm bells. So after obsessing and scaring the tar out of my self with the online self diagnosis I decided to see the doctor. We talked and he sent me for blood work. I was starting to feel like something would happen. Two days later he calls me. "Good news ! You blood work is fine, I don't see any problems. congratulations." Well. ok. Sure. My initial problem is still not addressed, so I ask about that. "Oh, is that still bothering you? I guess I can call something in." Yes you idiot! I did not call and make an appointment JUST to be jabbed with a needle and left bruised and battered! I am SO glad you listened to me.So yah. I stew about that for a day- SERIOUSLY stewed! So I called a doctor in SLC. I explain everything- the problem, the blood work, the doctor, and the nurse was flabbergasted! SHE says "Oh thank goodness you called!" Sadly- I will not be able to see her before the trip. But at least someone is listening!
My Wuppy. Last night I had to drive Bauer up to my sister's house. She will be taking care of him while we are gone. He will be happy and safe. (I will never kennel him again if I can help it!!! That was a nightmare!) Now I keep looking for him. I have gone total panic mode a few times looking for him. I love him to pieces. I would have never thought I would be one to adore her puppy wuppy- but I do. I love him! Especially when I am sick- its almost like he takes care of ME! How does he know??? I will miss him.
(Disclaimer- this was not taken in my house! Its a playroom elsewhere! lol)

I am still working on packing. I am doing GREAT! I have 4 out fits for all 5 of us, one dress outfit, each, 4 underwears each, all our socks, 5 pairs of PJ's, and 5 bathing suits, and 4 surprises- IN ONE BAG! You heard it here! ONE BAG! I will have each child carry thier shoes, toiletries, and books in thier packpacks- and my toletries and Dave's in my purse with Dave carrying the camera bag.
Yes! Thankyou! I am quite amazing!!!
My children are always in my jumble of thoughts. Always. This week its been glee and excitment in thier faces. I take a few moments to experiance something with someone each day. This week has been a good week. Nicole telling off a friend for gossiping. She told her that she was NOT going to gossip, and love the offended no matter what! We spent an hour talking after as I GET to teach her that yes- you did the right thing. Try to forgive her... Jordan and I spent time looking for a book for him to read. He does not like fiction and they need to read one for school right now. I PROMISED him he would LOVE the Hobbit, and my skeptical son could not wait to "talk" about it when he came home after ready 40 pages. Kira who has even impressed the orthodontist with her model retainer wearing, has finally learned to put in her retainer herself. But she did tell me that she still wants me to do it. Why? "You always give me a double squeeze when we are done!"
That's true. I do.

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I seriously love you. You are such a great person. period. and it shows.

Ruth Swaner said...

You are making me feel guilty with all this percise packing and planning. I won't tell you how much I've pack....but let's just say I could stay two weeks and never have to change....I'm a woman who needs daily choices.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Referring to the first paragraph...yep, sounds like you need a vacation. Good thing you're taking one! Hope you're feeling okay.

And ya, Nicole is the coolest teenager on the planet. I love that she isn't afraid to say what needs to be said.

Lastly, what boy doesn't love The Hobbit. No brainer.

Good job packing. Sounds like you'll need all the room you can save for all of Ruth's stuff (refering to the comment above mine!)

Tooele Brezoff said...

no jumbly bumbly in there, sounds like everything is perfect and ready to go! I love the photo of your dog, the stuffed dog looks like it is mooning the camera! classic!
You know I am going to really really miss you while your gone. right??? I just had to make sure you knew that!