24 February, 2009

Genetics and Jordan

Jordan, being our scientific sponge has been loving the 5th grade science classes. He is always loved science, and has earned 100% on his science end of levels 3 years in a row. He learns things in school, then asks for books to continue his learning at home. Something they have been working on this year is genetics. He is so fascinated by it! I love that he is taking such an interest in it. He is such an complicated kid. Sitting in front of a video game one second, explaining blood the next. Some of the things he has taught himself are so far over my head. I should really read the things he is reading! (Believe it or not- I have him reading some FICTION at the moment!)

Since they have been working on genetics they have worked on family trees and family history. Last nights homework was to write some questions he had about his childhood for us to answer. I thought they were so cute- I thought I would write them down here as well. Thanks Jordan for giving me a moment to reminisce about you.

Questions by Jordan/answers my Gabrielle
1. Did you ever drop me? Of Course not!!! ( can you believe he wonders that??? Does he wonder if he could have been SMARTER???)
2. Name 3 things you craves while pregnant with me.? Chinese food,Peanut butter, and Milk. (Ew milk is so yucky!)
3.What was my favorite toy? A yellow Tonka dump truck. At first you used it as a walker.
4. How did I act when I was little? The boy who NEVER walked. Only running. Never ever would go to sleep. You would finally crash at 2 or 3 in the morning! (It was the sleep apnea. He was so afraid to sleep. I thought I was going to die!!!)
5. Where was my first house? Logan Utah, the apartment on "the island" (What a total dump it was!)
6. Did I ever run away? um NO. ( Does he want to now or something?)
7. How much did I weigh when I was born? 9lb 6 oz. Uncle Timm does not call you fat head for nothing!
8.Where was my favorite place to go? Aunt Lorelei's room- they were bestest buddies.
9. Who was my first friend? Besides Nicole? Clancy. He moved to one of the Dakotas.
10. What was my favorite food? Since a year old it has always been chips and salsa!
11. If I would have been a girl- what would you have named me? Kira. Daddy LOVED that name.
12. What was my first word? Dadda. Dad is probably your favorite person still.
13. What time was I born? 11:12 pm Kept every one up all day waiting!
14. What was my first Halloween costume? A pumpkin. (Dave was so annoyed. He said a pumpkin was such a pansy costume for his son! Yah well the next year I dressed him as the purple teletubbie. That wasn't pansy at all! Poor Jordan.)
15. Was I clumsy? You always had black bruises all over your head. But I don't think it was because you were clumsy- just ran too fast to stop yourself!
16.What was your Doctors name? Steven Schnieder. Best pediatric doctor on the planet!
17. Where did you get married? Logan Utah. I have pointed out the place before- you just forgot!
18. Was I easy to raise? Until your surgery in 2000 no. You never slept- and a big giant brat. (Due to the tiredness) After you became a great and easy kid. (I thought I would never make it before surgery!)

3 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Over 9 pounds? I forgot about that! Great walk down memory lane!

Brandi said...

I am glad he likes science. When I was young and still I hated it!

stephschmidt said...

I love his questions; especially the first one - that's hilarious!