27 December, 2008

Whew!


We knew a huge storm was coming- so we drove to Cache Valley on Christmas Eve. We LOVE spending Christmas Eve and morning at home- but strangely we LOVE living too! The storm did not disappoint. I have been looking at the ladies blogs and have not seen any pictures of home- but I will find out today when we go home! Cache Valley looks gorgeous! We were happy to be safely here. Derrick and Kelli braved the storm and made the drive. We were on pins and needles waiting for them and after their white knuckle drive, they too arrived safe. I guess we are pansies!!Christmas was wonderful! WE spent our drive singing carols. You have NO IDEA what a treat this is for me! I love love love to sing while the rest of my home does not. No one EVER sings with me! However, this one time a year- Dave tells the kids its a special time of year and as a gift to the Savior and to their mother- they have to sing. Yay! I love it sooo much!
Our children were so sweet and gracious with their small, humble Christmas. I did not see one look of disappointment, one wistful sound escaped their lips. They are truly fantastic children! We have all worked really hard this year to be a better family in many areas. They have embraced each topic and strive to live the best they can. Humility is something we have talked alot about this year, and I am sincerely grateful that they understand the concept. It was a joyous morning watching them.

We spent time with my family and David's family. We love them all so much. ( more of the picture extravaganza to come. )

5 comments:

happy mom said...

humble is best, glad that you are safe, and looks like our homes got it much less than everywhere else, usually we get hit the worst but it isn't bad here at all! but be careful coming home!

Just Us said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! Humble is always best, that's why we loved our D.I. Christmas over here at the Savage homestead! Glad you traveled safely!

Tooele Brezoff said...

I am glad you made it safe and sound and had a nice time!

Mary Ann said...

Glad you are back and that you had a great Christmas.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

It was fun hangin out. Wish we could have had more time.

I love the robes!