02 December, 2008

On the 2nd day of Christmas

Numbah 2 day of Christmas
My tutu give to me
Two Coconut and One Mynah Bird in one Papaya Tree.



Last night we had a fantastic family night. After dinner we talked about somethings discussed in both Relief society (I went! I have no voice so how on Earth can I sing with the children!?) and with the youth. We all came up with a yell free week. We can't even down the stairs to call people up for dinner! Everyone was excited and ready to go! After wards we all put up the tree! You have NO idea how huge this is! I am such a control freak- I have to arrange the lights JUST right so that not one wire shows! I usually have the family so frustrated I am abandoned soon after we begin. So last night I taught Nicole how the lights should be and let her do it! Ok- some I can see some wires...but it looks wonderful! Jordan put the star on top, while Kira unpacked ornaments. Dave was even not scared away and fixed and untangled lights. We even have some left over for a few windows after he fixed 4 strands of half working lights that have sat in a box for who knows how long! And Holy Cow! I am missing my box with my special ornaments! I can't find it!!! :( Tonight we will finish the ornaments and fix up the outside! This will be such a fun season!

4 comments:

BigWaveDave said...

In July I decided to see if I could leave the Christmas lights up (on the bottom roof line) because I hate putting lights up. Although I did succeed in not having to take them down, My plan failed. The clips that hold them on were so sun rotted they broke with the slightest touch. now I have to take them down and put them right back up. /cry

Tooele Brezoff said...

Aww when you guys are done with your lights and tree come on over and do mine! we are a sad house between 2 that have lights hehe
and I will wait on the tree, my kids will rip it apart the first day!

BigWaveDave said...

I could electrify your tree to give them a mild but effective "Don't touch" reminder!

sharpest family said...

I love your tree. I'm jealous, we won't be having a tree, oh well we didn't last year either. Are you coming today? I cleaned (partially) my house!