I don't REALLY need to blog something every single day- nor get into the habit- but it has left me with an interesting train of thought. I have tons of silly and horrible habits. (I know, I am sorry- please shun me now.)
One in particular I am thinking is our no yelling house. We all decided almost 2 weeks ago- that we are a YELL FREE ZONE. It has been incredible. Kira- our resident screamer - I thought would have a horrible time with it. She really has done a fantastic job! I have have too actually. My worst yell days have always been Sunday mornings. (yes- I know. Please hold all judgments until the END of the post.) I too have embraced our decree. Its amazing. I won't lie. When discussing our plan, we all decided we needed something to remind us not to yell. Something that was SO horrible no one would have the urge, and if they DID they would surely not do it again! I think it was Kira who suggested yelling offenders would gargle vinegar for 30 seconds per yelling offense. Kira had to do it about 4 times, Jordan twice, Nicole once- and me- yes me- I took it like a man- once. (Let me tell you- it was HORRID! ugh! I put that cup to my lips and the smell was even painful that strong!) After the first week no one has been inclined to yell for any reason! It totally worked!
Last night Kira was hurt- barely- but she was mad at Jordan so she was totally milking it to make him get into more trouble. She was shrieking. It has been so long since I have heard that-that it actually hurt my head and I was a little disoriented.

Fantastic habit broken at the land of Swaner.
4 comments:
That's pretty awesome to break that yelling habit. I totally do it and need to gargle with vinegar I guess!
I love vinegar, I would need something stronger .... hmmm
That is awesome that you were able to break your family of that! I think just the THOUGHT of gargling vinegar might do the trick for me!
I presume that since "cousin" is still attached to my link that you decided to keep me. :)
Post a Comment