She had read Twilight. She has not read the other books yet- and probably won't. I told her I would not be permitting her to read the 4th book- (Yah not a kid book- and it was stupid to boot! Sorry you twilight lovers!) but she was welcome to read the first 3. After the first one she told me "I will just stick to the first one. You said it was the best and I don't want to be tempted to read the 4th one. It seemed like it had an ending anyway."
She is such a great young woman. I never took my Mom's advice so blanketly. (So? I make up words? Do you NOT know that by NOW???) She really listens to me. I am very open and honest with her- and tell her we can talk about anything in the right place. Its great to know my efforts pay off.
We have talked about going to the movie as soon as she had finished the book. (She reads just a TAD slower than I do! :P ) So last night we went! She giggled and laughed most of the way through. At the point when the girls dad met the boyfriend- Nicole could not contain herself! He sat at the table cleaning his shot gun and Dave has been threatening for YEARS to do this every time a boy came to pick her up for a date. (DATE!?!?! That used to feel SO FAR OFF!)
She could not stop laughing! " That is what Daddy is going to do right?" "I have no doubt, Nicole."I for one thought some things were a bit steamy for my 13 year old daughter- and asked her about it. Girls her age are just not so hormonally charged for them to even notice. She just thought some of it was too goopy.
We had so much fun together. As she said"goodnight Mommy" (yes I am lucky enough that my girls still call me Mommy.) She asked what movie we would see together next- aha! If I can convince her that she likes SCARY movies we are GOLDEN! Now THAT would be a bonding moment- Screaming and covering our eyes in the dark! Much much better then some sappy teenage love story! They don't make them like John Hughe's used too! Oh! maybe I should rent that for us! (Oh how I love thee: Some Kind of Wonderful!!!)
4 comments:
haha I still call my mom "Mommy" and my Dad "Daddy". If I haven't switched to Mom and Dad at this point my guess is I will probably be saying Mommy and Daddy forever.
That's what I've called them since I learned to talk and I never really saw the point of switching.
I told my mom that one day and she was like "It's ok we like that. it reminds us of when you were little."
:)
Sounds like you two had a lot of fun!
How fun for you to take her on a date. What a great daughter and what a great mom.
That is super fun! I cant wait to take Addy to see Inkheart in Feb,
What a fun night! I agree, Nicole is an awesome girl! She must have some awesome parents...
Post a Comment