31 December, 2009

Bring on the new year!

Holy cow! Its the last day of the year already! I have no idea how we arrived here so fast! I SWEAR it was 2008 just a few months ago! I rememeber the big plans I had for 2009. I had every intention of having a few things happen that didn't play out exactly like I had planned.
Then I had a bad second half of the year- like the hardest 6 months of my life. That certainly was not planned. Other amazing things did happen this year that I had not forseen.
An amazing trip with my family, that my kids still giggle and tell stories about. I better understanding of the eternal contracts I have made with my Father in Heaven, and His with me, and a clearer perception of people in my life that I am grateful to that I never thought I would be. 2009 has been a good year for the parts of me that needed to attention, that I never realized needed a bit more attention. Interesting NYC ball info.

2010 is certainly going to be a load of surprises too. Maybe I will be able to do a few more expected things. Typical goals, of good health, good times, and good memories. But I know more craziness is in store too. Do you know how long its been since I nursed a baby? 7 years- is that like riding a bike? Can a 35 year old wake up every 2 hours, and can she still do hours of homework with the kids after wards? Who even know- but I am over the moon excited to find out! an I handle the pressures of work while I carry a baby at this age? Oh goody- another fun one to think about!

My Daughter is going to turn 15 this year. That is mind blowing. I will have my second official teenage, and lastly a 9 year old. Thank goodness she will still be little for me! Will my husband lose his job this year? Probably. Last year it was a concern, but I knew we would make it. Now who knows. The economy just slips futher into the dark hole- I have my doubts that Dave will be safe another year. One thing I am sure of however is that he will find work quickly. That is Dave. He would work at Pizza Hut in the morning and Taco Bell at night if that was what needed to happen. I know him too well to think anything less. I will again be surprised by the amazing friends I have, and know that we were sent to here for special reasons and blessings that we could have not have fathomed at the time. We will love each other a bit more fully, fight with each other a bit stronger, and remember that unity keeps our family from going crazy during the hard times. Maybe the kids will be able to drive into Salt Lake without fighting- but that is something I will not hold my breath for!!!

Maybe my sense of humor even find its way back to me! I have missed it so much in the last 6 months! I already find my self smiling more, and laughing more since we found out about the new baby. I kinda missed myself! Maybe I need to take a goofy class! I wonder who teaches those??? Just yesterday Dave suggested stopping at the gas station to get some candy. "You need a little sweet in you- you have been pretty sour today." I tried- REALLY I DID- to still look irritated by that comment, but I just couldn't! I had to giggle at him. I did let him stop, but
I declined the sweets. Maybe I should have let him get me something... but I figured his comment worked its magic! 2 months ago I would have been annoyed and would have had no trouble continuing my grouchy streak! Please hurry back- light hearted me!

I welcome 2010. I can't wait for all the joy, events, and lessons it brings. Well, give me this last day, to remember the lessons of this year. I need a few more minutes for that.

No comments: