20 November, 2008

Thanksgiving Countdown


With a week to go until Thanksgiving- I have many things to do! I tried to do my FRIDAY cleaning (you know- get everything done so I can take it easy-ish for the weekend) so tomorrow I can do extra super cleaning. (Like clean the washer and dryer- baseboards, and tubs.) That leaves Monday for tornado cleanup, Tuesday for Shopping, Wednesday for cooking pies, and Thursday the big Wahoo! So much busy busy. But ya know? I LOVE it. I love having tons to do! IT feels good to be busy- but not so busy to not get to do some of my favorite daily rituals.

So today I am thankful for my daily rituals.
  • Checking my email and maybe a new post on my blog
  • Watching something on the DVR- all alone!
  • Read either my scriptures or the Ensign. (I usually have it read in one day but conference issue I like to read SLOW!)
  • Take a hot bath Yes- I Do this EVERY single day. I only shower after every few days.
  • Scan a few web sites until I find the perfect idea for dinner. Lucky family.
  • Take a walk

I do those things EVERY single day. I am grateful for my time to my self. I was bored at first when all my kids went to school, but I have been able to do things to help myself become a better person. I actually can see the difference. There are things that I think I had become desensitized to that are sensitive to me now, I rely on the spirit for so much more than when all I could hear were the beautiful sounds of children's voices (which I do miss), and I see my mind and heart becomeing more relaxed, calm, and patient. (Which I am still in the high strung catogory- but hey! Its coming!) I am so grateful for many other things- but today- that is what is on my mind!

Oh! and believe it or not- I wish it would snow. Just once- go away- never to return. But I have a place I want to go and see snow covered. SNOW!!!!!

3 comments:

stephschmidt said...

You are a busy lady! I didn't know you went on a walk every day. I want to join you one day. And I still want to get that book from you.... Maybe tomorrow I can come by and get the book and we can take a walk :)

Holmes said...

Please come to my house and help me figure out a good cleaning routine!! Enjoy Thanksgiving. I can't believe it is my 3rd away from home in a row. My dad invited me to his house but I told him I regretfully can't make it.

happy mom said...

that all sounds wonderful, and I agree, it is nice to find time to be a better self.

Thanksgiving is such a wonderful time!

I need to take my time for a thanksgiving post!

thanks for your wonderful thoughts!