16 November, 2008

Sad day.

Last night we had a small birthday party for Nicole. (More on Nicole tomorrow!) While I was cooking some stew, the power went out all over OL for over 3 hours. What a pain. Thankfully it was in the crock pot so it stayed warm enough to not go bad- but did not cook further... so I had to HURRY and throw it in a pot as soon as it came back on. Also made cake making interesting! By the time we served dinner everyone was STARVING! Sorry guys!

But SADLY while the power did its wonky thing- it flickered a few times before the final shutoff- our dearly beloved video card in the GOOD computer died and went to computer part heaven. This was the single most expensive componant on our computer. Not to mention the most expensive part we have EVER bought. (YA- the warcrack does that to you. ) Now- we can not even run our best computer- and seeing as we won't be making an extra 33k on the sale of a home anytime in the near future- it will remain dead for a while. Services will be held tomorrow at 5 pm. No flowers please- a trust fund for dying computer parts every where has been set up in our account at the local credit union.

3 comments:

Alienfloyd said...

I have a video card lying around if you wan to try it out

Mary Ann said...

I am coming to the funeral. What should I wear?

Ruth Swaner said...

Thanks for the party and stew it was fun. I feel bad that you haven't posted on my blog. DO IT so I can finally change my blog to cole and her jewelry box.