03 October, 2009

and the cutest boy in the world is 12!

He really is! That is one mighty fine son.
Since his birthday often falls on General Conference, we had a fun shin-dig last night. We invited the gang, and I made them all pizza. Nicole brought a few of her own, and Kira too- to keep the peace. We all had a great time. While preparing Dave and I were chatting about Nicole. She had gone to the haunted house (Asylum 49 oh yah- and it was $16 a person! Yes! $16! Are they insane????) and was telling us all about it. There were 6 girls and 2 boys in attendance. OF COURSE one of the boys happens to like Nicole and vice-versa. (I mean out of 6 girls- could they please like someone else's daughter???) Dave, who makes this teenage thing bearable with all his funny commentary, came up with a brilliant plan. He suggested we invent a new chewing gum. In the hippest packaging, the best of minty goodness, and keep a bunch on hand! When she leaves for the evening give her a few packs and tell her to have a great night!!! When chewed its yummy and harmless, by both girls and boys. BUT if the saliva of a boy and a girl somehow is mixed, the gum stains their mouths bright blue. Then the parent can ground the child until the age of 42. I laughed until I cried. Mostly becauseI wish there was a wayto prevent my child from growing up!!! Thank goodness for my awesome husband!!! (And yes- we will sell you some when your child decides he/she likes boys.)
Today we had a family conference cleaning - painting party. We all made our house sparkly clean for the up coming week while enjoying conference. We had it blaring all over, and actually I only missed a paragraph of the whole day! Jordan was so sweet. He disappeared about 2:30. He called the family to the kitchen a little while later where he had made tuna sandwiches and celery, peanut butter, and raisin- ants on a log. He said he wanted a "tuna birthday lunch." What a doll. He is amazing.
Finally since he is 12, and although he will not be ordained a deacon for another week, Dave and I gave him his "birthday suit" (lol- yah- you know you laughed!) and sent him to the Priesthood session with Daddy. They are mighty fine looking men if you ask me.I can not imagine my life without my son. He is so dear to me. I have no idea what I ever did to deserve such a great kid- but the next time he asked to play battleship- I will agree and whip him up a snack!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

ok-thanks for making me cry!!! I don't know why but those pics of Jordan are so sweet and it just really made me miss you guys soo soo much. really. He is so good. What a cute story about painting the house and the tuna lunch. and Dave. the gum is ingenius. sheesh. here I am bawling at the computer.
Hugs to everybody.

Just Us said...

That is such a cute birthday tribute. And that suit is adorable!

Tooele Brezoff said...

how darling is he!! Happy Birthday!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!

Looks awesome in his suit!