24 October, 2009

When Rick gives you lemons...you make lemonade!

Where to start. Being gone for an entire week on vacation I am feeling flustered and overwhelmed. Going through all the kids work, and the piles of laundry Dave did not wash. (I prefer it that way actually.) Connecting with the kids, handing out the presents, and putting away all my stuff. I am ready for PJs and a movie.

But hey- guess what???
I am home!
Wooo hooo! Did you miss me???

But boy- did things not go according to plan! What a crazy insane turn of events. I guess you could say it all started when I frantically searched for my passport that was safely tucked away in my suitcase the whole time I was sure it was gone forever. Then having to run to a whole other terminal because they changed the gate last minute. Thinking that we could finally relax and things would be all hunky dory for a night felt really good!

Then Rick. Yes- as he entered our lives- announcing that he would be hitting the Mexican Riviera during our vacation- we realized he may just get the better of it. At 3:00 Sunday afternoon when our Captain informed us that we would not be heading any further south because Rick was a Category 5 hurricane at that point, disappointment of the 2500 guests on our ship could probably be heard here. But what do we do? We turned around and headed to San Francisco, Catalina Island, San Diego, and Ensenada. Oh well. There is always next time! Stupid Rick. The hurricane of Doom!

The next few days I will be talking about my trip- with all the piles and piles of pictures I took. Maybe it won't be exciting- but seriously- this is our family scrapbook and I want them all printed in the next edition of our family history! Some really fun stuff happened, and I saw some amazing things. It was still a fantastic vacation. Soo much fun! I had great company, and met much more. I can't wait to share!!!
(I got to go to the San Diego Zoo!!!!! I have wanted to go there since I can remember! You are totally jealous right???)

2 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I am happy your home!! and cant wait to read all about your trip!!

Mary Ann said...

Yes I missed you and I am also totally jealous about the SanDiego zoo! Can't wait to see pics and everything.
ps hanging out with my mom makes me miss you more. Just seems like you should be here 2