Last night Dave surprised me with Star Trek tickets! I was terribly excited to see this movie anyway- but to go last night! Weeeee! It was everything they said it would be, and more! I would not DREAM of spoiling the movie for you though! Let's just say it was GREAT! I loved the dialog, the action, the special effects, and the beautiful actors! Dave was excited to see one of his favorites at Scotty. He loves Simon Pegg.
Its a GOOD thing the movie was so good! My evening was nearly ruined by the fiasco before the show! I am so angry by the incident, that I just finished an e-mail to the Carmike corporate office. IT is as follows:WE entered the 8:15 Start Trek Showing at 8 pm last night. They were showing the closer looks, and turn off your cell phone bits on the screen. After we were seated we realize that the sound did not coincide with what was on the screen. It was best described at "podcast" sounding. As we sat the topic became more and more offensive. Some man who seemed to think he was a comedian was talking- with an "audience." He was homosexual, which made him feel entitled to bash the Roman catholic church. I am not even catholic but felt it extremely inappropriate as there may have been some of that faith in the theater. People around me started vocalizing the desire to have this "dialog" turned off, I stood to find a manager, as I exited the topic turned to self gratification. When I found a manager, he was not polite or concerned with my concerns, as it was a "special event." I then became more assertive and said I wanted it turned off. He shrugged and told me he "would look into it." There was NOTHING posted about this inappropriate "event" or even a vocalization by the ticket taker. I did not sign up to listen to this trash, and as I paid my $8 per ticket, I would have remained outside of the theater until the "special event" that invaded my lovely evening was over. When the manager blew me off, I decided I could not sit idly by,and say nothing. If I had brought my 13 year old! I am grateful I had not! I am very disappointed that this theater did not take my complaint seriously, did not notify us as the audience there was some "special event" with offensive content would be playing while we waited for our very much anticipated night! Very unprofessional, and obviously the customer is not the highest priority at this theater.
Seriously, I was trying to be NICE in this letter- it was HORRID! The 20 people in the theater were all offended! It was dirty, and rude! I am appalled by the dismissal of the manager! I was SO angry. And Seriously- I WAY prefer the Larry Miller theaters 10 minutes further away! They are nicer, cleaner, have reserved seating, and nachos with real cheese! Dave always tried to convince me that Jordan Landing is just as good- BUT NO IT IS NOT!
I am VERY annoyed, and have no plans of seeing a movie at Jordan Landing again- I will be hitting Jordan Commons ONLY- (yah because even though the Gateway is SO much closer- its totally SUCKS to pay for parking!) Thanks for listening to my rant- please enjoy the rest of your day! And Star Trek was AWESOME!!!!
2 comments:
I would have been ticked! Let me know if you hear anything back from them! What dorks to show crap like that.
Glad the kids weren't with you. Not something you'd expect in UTAH.
And I'm not sure who the actor is that Dave loves so much, but he is in 'Run, Fat Boy, Run' and I'm afraid I'll never see him as anything else!
Post a Comment