07 April, 2009

Starting to break

Spring Break 2008 was not a memorable one for my children. I made them breakfast then at least at 8:15 everyday of the break. I spoke to them a few times on the phones- "Stop fighting with your sister!" "I don't care. How about Peanut butter toast." " Is there anyway Jordan can use it for just 5 minutes!" You know, good stimulating conversation! Came home at 4:25, fell to the couch and died a little inside. My children who had been home and stuck in the house all day long would beg for me to take them places- I suggested finding a friend and playing. Off they went while I tried to recover. At 7 or so, they came home starving, and I, being the awesome mom I was at the time, gave them cereal. Yep- 5 nights in a row. I distinctly remember one of them saying- "This is the worst spring break ever."

Spring Break 2009 is NOT going to be that way. Nope. I have promised a fun time for all! Sunday: cousins came. We made pizza and watched conference. 2 of the cousins are still here! They stayed up until 1 in the morning watching movies on the projector, and played outside while I did my chores. I made a yummy dinner of yummy tacos- Like the ones we had in Mexico, rice, beans, and a kid fave- creamed corn. Take that bowl of cereal! Then off to the City Pool. Our pool is GREAT! A waterslide, sprayers, and a lazy river. (and family night prices!) AND! It is only Tuesday Morning! I will not fail my children this year! I STILL smell like chlorine- which will not change- because I plan on going to areobics in an hour- but it was so worth it. on other topics: I have a question for my Mom. My Mom has never read my blog, and never will. (I think she is afraid of technology. Afraid that it may come alive in the night and take over the world. Or something.) So I know she will not answer me. In fact, I don't think she would even be ABLE to answer me. My mom was just starting her own company when I was Nicole's age, super stressed out, and gone- LOTS. My Dad was in a van pool from Logan to Hill Air Force Base everyday taking him for almost 13 hours a day. Oh! I am getting side tracked. sorry!
Question: Was I like Nicole?
could I have POSSIBLY been so hard to deal with that my parents wanted to strangle me ? Am I the reason why my Dad took the Van pool and my Mom was gone all the time- so they could avoid my drama- did I complain or stomp over EVERY SINGLE thing? Did I push my parents to the brink of insanity? Did I whine when my mom asked me to take out the trash, while she cleaned the kitchen, and then RUN out the door when she said- "Are you seriously complaining about THAT?" Not that it matters, or that anything like that has ever happened to me.


Today anyway.

5 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

It's still early. I'm sure you'll get your feel of hormonal drama today!

Now i'll tell you what my mom always tells me....'Skyler (Nicole) is a really really good boy (girl). At this age, he (she) is going to rebel, one way or another. If this is all he (she) ever does to give you grief, then you should be a very thankful mother.

Just passing along the words of enocuragement that always make me feel better (or worse).

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I meant, get your FILL, not FEEL.

BigWaveDave said...

2016 - computers will take over the world, or at least that's the start. your mom has cause to worry. on a side note, 2012 the end of the Mayan calender, isn't the end of there calender, in fact they have several calenders (cycles) and one of them does start over in 2012. this is an honored time if your Mayan. I'm more worried about the 8 secret Mayan calenders. I'm sure if you look hard enough this will relate to the post some how.

Lorelei said...

Dave, most people think the world is going to end in 2012 BECAUSE of the Mayan calendar is ending. Glad to hear they have more...

Holmes said...

I love creamed corn! And what do I have in store if my daughter already stomps her feet over everything?