20 April, 2009

As Chellee says- "Good meat Good meat."

Been married to my man for almost 15 years. I love everything about him, and I would really only change 2 things about him. One of which is that no matter how HARD I try, I cannot convince him that Sunday dinner does not have to be a roast. 15 years and he still wants it every Sunday. He does not ALWAYS get it of course, but if I ask what he wants, its roast and taters.

Yesterday I did my worst and had a happy man. Loves his roast. Loves his hot homemade rolls, and asparagus. But you know, I love why he loves Sunday dinner. We always eat together- (well except Tuesdays with Scouts and YW, and callings with church) but Sunday we eat our food, its ALWAYS something that is thoughtfully prepared, we laugh, chat, talk of the important things in life, and then we clean it all together. Most days the kids clear the table, but on Sunday we all clean up and enjoy our time together. I love it. One of my favorite things. If all I had to do was make a roast and potatoes to make my family SO happy, I would do it every single night. Every one.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

You are too sweet. What a good wife and mother you are. Let's do something!!!!!

stephschmidt said...

Yummmmm, that looks so good right now! We have a roast and potatoes most Sunday's too. Why is that? Sunday and roast just seem to go together :)