31 October, 2008

What else do you want?!?!

As Jordan's room mother- I attended the party I planned for his class today. We decorated cookies, had a spooky punch, a donut eating contest, 2 crafts, and 2 spooky stories. Right in the middle as kids milled around the room eating, chatting, and gluing- a girl walked up to the teacher and I and said-
"Ms. B- I am bored."
The teacher looked at her incredulously and said "What else do you want?! There are games, stories, and food!"
The student looked at us and said- "Why couldn't we have just watched a Halloween show?"
So that's it- what the world has come to! Life is only fun if you are watching TV. I was so sad for this girl- and annoyed. Later I asked Jordan what he thought and he said he and his buddies had a great time. Well at least I am not comepletly out of touch!

LAst- a few pictures of my kids as the left for trick or treating. ( you really need to click on the pictures to enlarge them- Kira's face is SO funny and Nicoles eyes look so pretty!)

Nicole- the punk rocker. I should have made her dress as an old hag.











Jordan- Mr. Skeleton He has asked for this costume for the last 3 years.
















Kira- The cutest little robot you have ever seem. Her made spelled out in lights as she trick-or-treated.

4 comments:

Missy said...

THAT IS pretty pathetic!! So many kids would rather have a party than watch a movie, I hope!!
You're kids look so cute!! The robot is awesome!! I don't know how people come up with this stuff!

Tooele Brezoff said...

It was fun to run in to your little ones! Nate pooped out so I took him and Nixon back home and right after Natalie did too so Poor Addy had to come home too but they got a ton of candy! Woo hoo to who ever handed out the 100 grands they are my fav!!

Just Us said...

LOVED the robot costume. You guys make the rest of us look so lame, and I'm okay with that because we at least get to be lame and see your kids' cool costumes!

stephschmidt said...

What a fun party you planned! I would have loved it! And CUTE costumes! Nicole is beautiful and Kira looks so happy she could just pop! And I love how you can see Jordan's sense of humor in so many of his pictures! So much fun!