I bought these chicken breasts a few weeks ago for 1.79 a pound. I bought a bunch because the price was so good- and because with Jordan eating as much as Dave or I- a little does not go as far as before. Yesterday Ithrew them in for dinner at 3:40. At 7 the internal temp was still only 125! (they were on high in the crock pot- but STILL!!!) I finally had to put them into the oven if we had a prayer of eating. 145 came only 20 minutes of them being in the oven. Sheesh!
When I served dinner these chickens were just HUGE!!! I could not even eat half of it. I could not believe that a poor little chicken was walking around with that much breast up front! I can just imagine it now: cluck cluck THUMP ugh cluck cluck THUMP ugh. Poor little chicken!!! The poor guy probably had a thing of a life before becoming our dinner. I think of Foghorn Leghorn and Chicken Little. We ate Foghorn last night!!!
(Yes now insert my rant about why we have to fill our livestock with growth hormones.)
Well- now I have 4 more meals with all this yummy chicken- not the intended 2 more.
and yes- I realize this was the most snooze worthy post of all time- but this is waht was on my mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Have you seen what I walk around with? That chicken was and I am sure of it really popular with all the boys!
I only get to have boobs when I'm nursing, and I gotta say, the dumb things are just always in the way! poor chicken. Hopefully the boy chickens (is that what a rooster is???) weren't totally infatuated with them. That could be annoying!!!
Post a Comment