Scheherazade: symphonic suite? Last night we were fortunate to go to the Orchestra at Temple Square's Spring performance. It was such a glorious thing! They were conducted by a quest conductor who is the conductor of a Symphony in Holland. ( a nice big one, but Of course I have already forgotten the name...when I get the program out of the car- I can update.) They played "Air" from Bach, and parts of Beethoven's 7th. (yah not really my favorite Beethoven) And ended with Rimsky-Korsakov's Scheherazade: symphonic suite. Its from the romantic period, basically 1001 Arabian Nights. (You know the one... where the sultan would marry a new virgin over and over and kill them the next morning. Then he marries the princess who tells him a bed time story- but does not finish it, until the next night then starts a new one...until he pardons her from death? See! I knew you knew it!)
I had heard bits and pieces before, but this was so incredible. The beautiful violinist hit the highest possible note and carried and carried it to perfection, sending chills through the perfect acoustically sound room. It was so moving- I wish I could share!
wonderful night, wonderful music- nice to be edified that way sometimes.
1 comment:
Sounds like a wonderful evening! I was super lucky & went to scouts with mt man!!
Post a Comment