
Yesterday after church- we went out for family fun time. We ended up at Black Rock, on the shore of the great Salt Lake. It was a bit chilly- and we just threw rocks in the water, climbed to the top, and commented on the salty, smelly water- but we all had FUN!
I was a dingbat and forgot the camera- so I found a page on line and it had an interesting history! I just thought it was a cool rock on the way home! I think we are gonna go again with our camera- on a warmer day!
http://www.twc-transcribing.com/greatsaltlake/BlackRockSunsetBeach/Blackrock000.htm
5 comments:
Sounds like a fun afternoon! We want to go out there some time!
I love those kind of adventures. Looks like fun. How far of a drive was it for you? Just curious. kelli
about 10 minutes! it's on the way to our house right off the freeway, Dave passes it every day on the way to work.
it's worth seeing but not worth a special trip.
There's a great scuba diving place on Maui called Black Rock. It looks quite similar to the pictures you put on. It may have another name too but it's nicknamed Black Rock. It has a strange history about it. In a book I read it said something like the dead people hang out there and if you take a piece of rock from there the spirit will haunt you. Weird but a fun place to dive none the less. So next time you're there...check it out! Too bad it's not a sunday drive away huh?
Bonnie, I think you are confusing that story with an episode of the brady bunch, where Greg brings back a trinket from Hawaii and has a curse.
Post a Comment