We just spent a week on a beautiful cruise with a great big chunk of our family. It was a thrill. I want to say it was the perfect vacation. Mostly it was. (Ask Lorelei! Ha ha ha. Ok, I better write this down. Andre got sea sick on the last night. He barfed all over the elevator as we went to dinner. Chellee held the elevator for 20 minutes waiting for someone to come clean it up. She was just telling the wrong people so- it didn't happen all that fast. We finally went into dinner and Lorelei was no where to be seen. We started dinner when she finally came in 20 minutes late. She came is saying that we would NOT BELIEVE what had happened to her. As soon as she had said that, we KNEW- we all start laughing. Yep. SHE had slipped in unseen puke. Out of the 2000 people on the ship- SHE slipped in it. Probably the funniest thing ever. Needless to say, she was in the lower decks when it happened, and it was near the RIGHT people who had it cleaned up in 3 minutes.)
Wow- I went off on a tangent eh? It was wonderful, but being there because we had made a dream vacation happen for a sick man, who really really really wanted us there is hard. Its hard seeing that the Timm we know and love so different. He is so changed. This horrible disease has made him different. The growth is at bay for now, but the cancer is still ravaging him. Its hurts him, and weakens him. Its something I like to pretend is not happening, but it is, you see it. Every sweet moment was painful too. I wish I could explain my heart, and someday I will. Today is not that day. Today I am thankful for the amazing vacation we had. The smiles (and puke) are to be held close to my heart.
The drive there and back, was well, a story for another day, but every moment of the cruise felt freeing. there is nothing like being on the open water. Nothing like feeling so spoiled. Nothing like sleeping on a rocking boat. It is wonderful. So many moments I want to cherish. I guess I can't story book them, I will just post my pictures, and caption and remember as I do. Know that my heart is changed forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment