19 March, 2011

Going to the zoo







SO- I Love the Zoo. Always have. I have been reading about all the changes our zoo has made, and wanted to go even more. I have heard there are more than 2,000 USDA licensed wildlife exhibitors in the US but less than 10% of them have been accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). Hogle Zoo is one of that 10%, which means that it is recognized as being one of the best zoos in the world. Hogle Zoo is also a member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums. (WAZA) Being as I LOVE Zoos- I always wanna go. The Zoo is doing another major reconstruction...which is great for the animals... but that means no Hippos or Zebras until 2012...they are off visiting other zoos...but I STILL wanted to go.

So we did. We had such a fun time. I hurt pretty good afterwards...My body is still in new mommy mode, so 3 hours at the zoo was a total over do, so- lesson learned, but again- IT WAS FUN! I wore Juliet in her sling for half the time, and Chellee wore her the rest of the time. I love wearing her- and wish I would have done that with my other babies...so many new experiences this time... broken record I know. Sorry.

The big massive gorilla was enthralled by Juliet. He came right up to the glass and stared at her...with only the 1 inch glass between them, for 5 minutes. I bet he wanted to hold her and kiss her.
Jordan was our resident photographer for the trip...while he took TONS of animal pictures... I won't bore you with them all...I need to put them as a slide show on his computer so he can enjoy them again. He had a great time documenting the animals. He is a pretty great son.
Nicole was disappointed that her bestie Jordan could not come. I did promise to bring him next time. He looked pretty sad about missing the fun...but oh well. Who knew that 15 year olds liked the zoo so much! Nicole was just glad the money for the entrance goes to the animals...she would give them our yearly income if she had any say in the matter.
Kira only remembers going to the zoo with her Kindergarten. (and I went of course!) I wonder if I really have not taken her since then. What a bad mommy! I will have to make that up to her.

I love the zoo- if you ever wanna go- Call me! We are going to be hitting it several times this year...since I bought a yearly this time! I just wanted to go again today...but alas... I think I need a few more weeks post partem before I go again!

1 comment:

My name is Michelle. said...

We have CUTE kids! I am really excited to have a pass