31 March, 2010

Spring break thoughts

Silly snow. Trying to make up for the pathetic winter we have had. Does it not realize that it had all of January, February, and March to make an appearance? No. Our snow decides to fall ONCE in December, Once in March to melt off in 4 hours and now today- to help ring in April. Someone ought to remind snow that we are tired of being cold and need some sunshine!

Kira is like- the cutest thing. Have I ever said how I adore her? My Nicole always grew up too fast. Walked at 10 months. Stopped napping at 12 months. Could recite long montages at 2. RAN to school at 5. Asked too grown up of questions at 9. Did her own hair at 6. Stopped snuggling with her mommy at 7. Jordan did a little better- and may curl up on the couch with me if he is SURE no one is looking.
But Kira- she really is a snuggle bug. She loves being the baby, and askes for help with things I have seen her do everyday on her own, she just wants to remind me that she needs me. Thank goodness for her.

With being married to Mr. Independent- I seriously doubt he needs me at all. Well- if Carl's Jr. burned to the ground- he would starve without me. Nicole- who is 14 going on 20. Jordan who is trying to prove he is a young man. Kira reminds me that I am still a mother. The rest just tolerate me.

I am totally not complaining. Its just so strange to find yourself in this place- after giving every part of you to your family, wondering if you will ever sleep again, wondering if you could sneak a shower in...its been 2 days. Cereal mashed into the carpet- not 30 minutes after you vacuumed. Vacuumong everyday! Crying because you have not brushed your hair all day and your visiting teachers just stopped by. It all seemed like such a hardship at the time, but the time goes by so quickly and you find yourself missing it. Wishing for it to come back. Being grateful for it.

I have amazing children. They are just too big for my own good.

2 comments:

stephschmidt said...

It snowed ONCE in December?? Yikes! I'm so sorry about your cold, but I'm glad you're home this week and can rest, even though you won't. And I love your blankets! Maybe you can teach me how to sew... after you teach me how to make bread :)

Just Us said...

I am very much against this current snow. I have filed an official complaint. Also, your blog post is helping me to appreciate the tiny person I have currently in my house. SOmetimes it's easy to get bogged down in the details. thanks for the reminder and remember, I love reading your blog posts :)