29 June, 2009

Cherry Hill 2009!

Dave Eli and Jordan braving the Cardiac Canyon!


I actually did it. Last year when I realized I have never taken pictures at Cherry Hill- I decided that I would make sure I did this year. It was actually harder than I thought it would be. I took a few at camp- but the swimming ones were another story! I had to leave my lovely post floating the lazy river, walk all the way to camp, find some subjects- then walk the camera back. By this time I was dry, hot, and in need of another few laps in the lazy river! (Hee hee heee!)
Disclaimer: I reserve the right to spew my opinion on my own blog... and if they actually listened to me- they find themselves HAPPIER.
Before I start- I need to express an annoyance. So listen up- especially you large ladies. Your T-shirt does not hide your fat. WE STILL KNOW you are fat. Take it off! Enjoy your swimming without your draggy saggy shirt NOT hiding you all day. Ladies who think your butt is big. It is. The Shorts you have on DOES NOT make it appear smaller. Take them off and you will go faster down the slides. Beer belly dudes- Having your daughter stand in front of you does not hide your belly- It just makes your daughter squirm. And yes- you could consider shaving your back. Wouldn't kill you. And calling all you pastey whites out there... (And! My $1 Water shoes! Woo hoo!)You look GREAT- your overly tan counterparts will look like leather bags in 5 years and have to have skin cancer burned off. Enjoy it! Love it! Embrace it!
Now... on with the show.
This year was quite eventful! Thursday night David and I woke to the canopies laying on our tent. The strong wings lifted them right off the ground and tried to crush us. At 4:30 in the morning, while 70 other people slept- Dave and I tied everything down again and saved our camp from utter disaster. Friday David and I drove home to check on Bauer, and I took a nap. (Dave painted a bit more) We returned in time for the BIG family dinner where the food was amazing of course and we hugged and kissed 200 of our relations. After we jumped in our bathing suits to enjoy a evening dip when a HUGE storm came through complete with gale force winds and dime sized hail. Dave, Rex, Timm, and I holding on the canopies for dear life- and listening to all the young kids cry in the tents. Rex was laughing so hard as I dripped in my bathing suit chasing chairs, towels and clothes being whipped through the air. Good thing was- I was wearing just the right thing to get wet! Out tent ended up with 3 inches of water (yes time for a new tent) so we all piled in the van and slept at home. Saturday was a gorgeous PERFECT day- we dried up the tent, swam, ate grilled cheese, and laughed our guts out. And it was Pie Pantry day!!!! I had a piece of Coconut Cream this year. It is really the only pie I ever eat besides at Thanksgiving...I love it. Dave, Jordan, and Eli in the lazy river. Kira going down a slide in Pirate's Cove. Kira and Ali were the best swim buddies! Stayed together ALL day!
Sunday was clean up after another amazing breakfast. WHEW- I am tired just reliving it!

5 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Ha ha....that made me laugh out loud. I sure wish there were some shorts out there that could magically hide my butt. I still wear a skirt, because I hate it when I'm going down a slide and get a wedgy, and have to fix it before I can stand up. Is that a good reason?

Glad you had fun! Crazy, crazy weather, hu?

Tooele Brezoff said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time aside from the rain!!
we never have family reunions!

~Jordyn said...

You and you family always go to awesome places and have a rockin of a time. So jealous. It's so fun to spend time with all your family though. Lee wants to go to a water park this year too. We will have to go.

stephschmidt said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a great time!

Me and the Boys! said...

You sure made my day :) I agree with everything you said!!!