08 March, 2009

Cruisin Capers March1 and March 2.

I thought I would just write- until I am tired of writing, then do some more tomorrow. If I sound like I am braggin' sorry! This was our first non camping family vacation ever- and we had such an amazing time- I want to remember as much as possible!
Bright and early Sunday Morning March 1st, We were all packed, fed and on the road. We went along really well and didn't even stop for the first time until Cove Fort. OF COURSE we let the kids walk through to stretch their legs!
When we finally reached Primm, we were all so ready for bed! We were so excited to get to Los Angeles. In fact, Grandpa was SO excited he GREW HAIR!!!

We missed the Monday morning rush and arrived at the Cruise terminal at 1 pm. It was a breeze! The ship seemed HUGE! The kids gasping and cheering up the plank was so cute!











We went straight to our Cabin. (Woo Hoo M87!!!) We thought it looked so small. It was the cleanest room I have ever seen- but SO little! (More on the size later.) We dropped off our carry ons and decided to go explore the ship! Right at the elevators there were these pretty "hummingbird eggs." I (obviously) wanted a picture right away. My children looked thrilled eh?
We found food first, and ate on the back of the ship. It was so gorgeous, and we were still at the dock in Long Beach! I finally went back and unpacked our things. I was still totally skeptical of the space. One unpacked I saw that really it was going to be roomy- not to mention that I had slid our two beds together and moved Nicole's roll away. I was warming up! As the ship began to move Nicole IMMEDIATELY became sea sick! We grabbed her a pill- but we did not learn until later that it takes 4 hours to kick in! Poor girl. So during our first dinner in the dining room, she was crabby and sick. (She tried really hard to be happy- for a while.) We had an amazing seat right nest to the window facing west, and watched the sunset from our seats. Our first dinner was DELISH (well... everyone except for mine! So Michelle - Listen up! You say I have not had talapia prepared well, or it was not fresh enough. So I thought I would order the talapia and give it a go. Um no. I HATE talapia. It is super icky! I KNOW it was the icky fish beacue every other thing we ate on the ship was divine and scrumptious. Talapia is way yucky! LOL) Kira, Dave, and Roger had BBQ ribs, Jordan had steak, Nicole had pizza, and I can't for the life of me remember what Ruth had. for desert I had the warm chocolate melting cake! mmmmm After dinner The kids were SO tired! Dave took the kids to the cabin and Ruth and I wanted to explore the ship and go to the nightly show. Ruth and I enjoyed the show and then went out on deck to see the ocean in the dark. It was so creepy dark. Looking over the edge into the pitch black was scary and dizzying! I went to my cabin to try to get Dave to come see it with me- but he was out! So I climbed into our bed. Woah! It was so comfy! Down pillows and a down comforter on the BEST mattress evah! Wow! I fell to sleep straight away! I tried REALLY hard to cram that bed into my bags- but alas- it did not fit. /cry

7 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Tilapia is the ONLY fish I can even begin to stomach. Funny, hu?
And aren't the beds great? I never could decide for sure if it was the bed itself, or the fact that you're literally rocked to sleep all night long. It makes it awefully hard to wake up in the morning!
I'm so glad you had fun, and I'm just dying to see more pictures, so hurry up!

Holmes said...

Too bad you didn't get the bed to fit in your bag. Happy you had a fun time. I love to see the ocean at night contrasted against the lights of a coastline.

stephschmidt said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys had SUCH a great time! I can't wait to hear/see the rest. As I often remind Todd... I never sleep as well as I do on a cruise :)

~Jordyn said...

You guys look like you had an awesome time. I want to go on a trip!

Tooele Brezoff said...

I am so happy you guys are home, and look forward to reading all about your adventures! I hope your leg gets better soon!

Just Us said...

Who cares if you are bragging, I would brag too if I had such an awesome trip! Brag away, I want to live vicariously through you and every juicy detail! :) So glad you guys had a great time!

brandy tauai said...

oh gabby i am so glad you guys had such a great time...cant wait to hear more...when are we going to lunch??? ;>)