22 September, 2008

Out on the town

Three things of note: (if you are in need of a place to go out)

  • Thaifoon- a fabulous restaurant at the Gateway. It was very good. Jonathan bought some iceberg lettuce wraps- the peanut sauce was GREAT. Rebbekah had this HUGE bowl of lo-mein- which if I remember right she only had like 1/4 of it! I had "Evil jungle princess shrimp." Yep- get that! Dave basically had the same as me- just with chicken. It had a spicy red curry with peanuts!

  • We also went to this adorable game store in Sugarhouse. Its called Game night. They have a huge selection of games. They have games you can play- or if you buy a game you are welcome to sit in the store and play it. They bought a super funny game called compatibility. You have a deck of cards with all sorts of random pictures. (a stuffed rabbit, a sunset, a flag waving, a hair old guy, children playing in the sand etc... ) A category is chosen (mountains, natural, sleep- whatever) and we all have to try to pick the same cards as our partner. What a hoot!

  • Carls Junior (downtown SLC ) you must have a quarter to use the restroom. I made Dave use the women's room also- I was not spending 50 CENTS!!!

This weekend we went out with Jonathan and Rebbekah. I wonder why sometimes we let distance come between friends.

Dave and Jonathan have been friends since high school- in fact I was friends with him too- when Dave and I met we were surprised we had a common friend. Rebbekah we met after they were married- They soon became our close friends. They were the only people we knew who were married also (gosh for a long time we were the only ones!) and they helped us get one of our first jobs.

We always loved them- then time. Time comes along and we speak less and less. Why we do this- is beyond me. We had a fun giggly time. We will have to go again really soon.

2 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

Sounds like a fun evening! Well other than the part where the resturant would kill my husband darn those nuts! the game store sounds so fun! We need a game night!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Seriously??? They charge to use the toilet? What is this world coming to?