13 May, 2008

mmm mmm good


We were driving home from Salt Lake and we stopped to get a drink at the gas station. The kids asked for ice cream. Jordan with his Fat Boy and Kira brought out a little tub of Dibs. 15 minutes later she hands the tub up front and announced she was full. Dave popped one into his mouth. I have never had dibs before, and since I was fighting a migraine, the added sugar did not appeal to me. I asked Dave if they were good. While popping another one, he told me they were great. the rest of this story is best told in dialog.

"Dad, don't eat those." Kira said from the back seat. " Oh, I thought you were done." apologized Dave. "I still wouldn't eat them" "Why?" We both said. "I sucked on all of them so that Jordan would not steal any."

I laughed and laughed and laughed while my poor brain shook inside of my skull, causing more pain...But it was so worth it. Defiantly.

5 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I used to such all of the butter and salt off of the popcorn and put it back, until my sister's boyfriend took a big handful. I was too scared to tell him, so just watched him eat it all! Kids are great, hu? kelli

Tooele Brezoff said...

HA Ha Ha that is too funny! Thank you for the laugh!

Just Us said...

That is hilarious! lol. I have to say that John is addicted to those things. He's really not a sweets type of person, but he loves those. He calls them "ice cream popcorn" because you can pop them into your mouth.

Brandi said...

Hey Swaner Family,
This is the Garcia's. Your daughter (Kira)is in my primary class. I found your blog thru Sis.Ekker's blog. I stalk peoples blog so I am going to keep stalking yours. Feel free to check ours out. It is also a fun way to get to know each other better.

happy mom said...

bummer with the head ache, but very funny!