23 April, 2008

journey or destination?


Here is the Question: Is it the journey or the destination? For me? I think I am a journey person. I think sometimes I would like to be a destination person. "It will all work out in the end." But really- I am just not like that. I always totally internalize everything, I enjoy every fun thing, I cry over every bad thing, and the stress can make me pull out my hair. I like to learn things the HARD way and am grateful for the lessons learned.

An example? hmmm... ok- The night before Dave and I went to the temple the first time- We had this HUGE fight. I was so mad- I packed my car and drove away. NO WAY was I going to commit myself to him FOREVER in the morning! I couldn't even remember why we had fought (still can't) and knew that the adversary did not want us to be happy, to stay together, he wanted fighting and contention and bitterness. I turned my car around, where Dave was waiting. We both knew the fight was nothing- and he too could not remember what it was about- we went to bed- and the next day was one of the happiest days of our lives! ( I was pooped out tho- I was 7 months pregnant.)

My point? I learned life lessons that night- and yes the destination was our forever family- but I am GRATEFUL for the lessons along the way.

So which type of person are you? A journey or destination person.... tell me tell me! and why??? (hey you blog stalkers can join in too! I like everyone!)

*this is a picture if Timm- sleeping to the destination!

6 comments:

Ruth Swaner said...

Hey Gabe, I had to read that twice...I thought you were 7 months pregnant...oooops.
I'm a journey person. The journey through life, both physical, spiritual, and Intellectually, is WHERE IT'S AT. I love the spontaneous, unpredictable, joyous surpizes in life...deffinately it's THE JOURNEY!!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I'm all about destination...will this really make any difference in the long term or the eternal consequences??? I wish I could enjoy the journey a bit more, it sounds like it might be fun! Derrick is completely the opposite, totally a destination person. Makes communication difficult sometimes, but we try to keep eachother balanced, and besides that...I'm always right (it took a few years, but I think he finally knows that).

Missy said...

I'm a stalker and have only commented once or something. But I thought this was interesting and made me think for a second! I didn't have to think long cuz I KNOW I'm a destination person! I'm always thinking about when something will happen then it will be better. I need to enjoy the journey!

Lisa said...

I think I am both. I love the journey and I try to make the journey as memorable as possible in hopes that the destination will be just as wonderful. Haven't always been this way, but am glad I am now!

Unknown said...

its interesting- I wish I could poll everyone on this topic- I love the study of people.

Alienfloyd said...

I am a Final Destination person that is finally enjoying the Journey. Faithfully the Big wheel in the sky keeps on turning.