To wrap up the crazy cruise to the Mexican Riviera that never was, I want to share some of the personal parts of it. Then you can be spared of the travel log boredness coma you must be in. I am grateful that I will have my memories recorded, and all my beautiful pictures tho. then I can move on to the fun Halloween madness we had over the weekend!
First the good year blimp. Am I a total dork that I thought the blimp circling our ship was hysterical??? The message even said something about getting tires after our cruise. I did not know that we were nearly as special as a NFL game where the blimp makes an appearance. But I must say- it was very funny to me!
Our Cabin steward Ronnie arranged my Mother-in-law's robe on the first night. It kinda made me giggle and was worth a picture.
We met some really neat people. 2 of which was Robert and Darlene. They live in southern California and took the crazy tour of California in stride. I appreciated their company especially the night I had dinner alone. So i was not REALLY alone. (in case you are wondering- I pooped out my Mother-in-law at the zoo that day!)
On our first formal night we dressed up. while I do not look wonderful- my dress was a $70 dress marked down to $6.99. Yes- I am that good. Sad to say- I looked better than I have in 6 months on our second formal night- but no picture to prove it.
Every breakfast we met fun and interesting people. I wish I had remembered every single person's names- but I know these people were from Texas.
On our first formal night, I bought Mom this beautiful corsage. It was a fun surprise for her- and she really loves red.
These two fellows from Florida were a hoot. We spent a lively breakfast talking politics, movies, and fry sauce. They had been mixing fry sauce for years and were sure they could make a fortune if they could sell the idea to Heinz. I told them its the thing in Utah- and yes, you can get it at Wendy's here too. Funny thing is- I ran into them every single night. with 5000 other people on the ship- it was funny to keep running into them.
Yes- the picture is kinda pathetic- I told them to "pose quick while we go under the Golden Gate bridge!!!" I spent a fun evening with these two ladies. With a bunch of alone time- I had to mingle and make friends. These two girls have been childhood friends and were so much fun- we giggled over a second lunch one night- making me late for a meeting. So worth it.
With the disappointing diversion of our ship- the huge highlight for me was the zoo. My mother-in-law was not too keen on that, but I really really REALLY wanted to go. She was awesome and off we went. It was so much fun, and I will never forget it! She really was so much fun to go with, and I hope she had fun with me too. Going on this cruise was something important and good for me to look forward to after such a rotten summer. It made a huge difference for me and helped a bunch. Thanks Mom for a fantastic time! Loves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved reading about your cruise!
I'm glad you weren't totally alone when you were alone. : ) How fun! Thanks for sharing.
Wow! What a great cruise even if you couldn't go where you were supposed to go. You sure did make the best of it! I'm jealous!
I gave you a blog award because you're awesome. :) oh and John was a nerd and told the computer people to fix my computer without telling me, so tell Dave that I'm sorry that my husband wasn't thinking like a cheapskate like me. :)
Post a Comment