15 July, 2009

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

I always tease Kira about being my baby. I tell her all the time, Nicole and Jordan are naughty horrible children because when I told them I was taking away their birthdays so they would stay little they told me NOOOOOO! Kira has graciously decided to give up her birthdays so she can remain my little girl forever and ever! She did have ONE condition. She always says that I had to wait until she was eight, so she could get baptized. THEN She would agree to stop growing and having birthdays. A sweet, little, baptized girl! I mean what a doll, with her priorities straight! I just love her! Here is a picture I stole from Kelli- because her and Myah just look like tlittle perfect angels. they way we wish they could stay forever...and will in a mommy's heart!
Kira was SO excited for her big day! She took a shower the night before- so she could "Just wake up and focus on my important day!" Dave and Kira had to be at the Stake center by 9 am. I thought it was CRAZY early- considering that it did not start until 12 but when I saw that 13 kids were getting babtized, I guess it may have taken that long to get everyone sized, clothed, changed, and photographed! I came with the rest of the family at 9:30- to BARELY being able to get a seat! SOOO many people came to support her! (I was so grateful, because I was barely hangin' by a thread!) I remember when I was baptized- EVERYONE in the entire family was there- except for my Uncle Steve who was in Guam, and My cousin Malia, who was "lost." (long Story...) So I KNOW Kira will remember how her family came to support her! All of her Aunts, Uncle's, Cousins, Grandparents, and friends came except for Uncle Family, who were driving halfway acrossed the country. It was great!

After she came up out of the water, I just saw her grinning- the biggest Kira grin- I have ever seen! She was so excited. I went into the dressing room with her to change out of her white clothes into her beautiful priness dress I bought her. She looked like the sweetest little doll. I cried. And then cried some more! I am so proud of her! She so wanted to be a baptized member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am so happy! She told me that she felt so good, and happy inside. She said she felt "warm" inside. Cute little dolly. A sweet boy in our ward- Kelton, was also baptized that day! she loves him! I am happy they were able to share their day!
We had a delicious brunch afterwards, where the whole family helped. (thank goodness! I was SO tired!) We fed about 60 people. We had so much food- and by 3:00 there was NOTHING left. Crazy! It was such a wonderful day- even though it was still very hard for me, how could I have expected her to wait! She was so thrilled! I just love her tooo much!

So now- my beautiful baby girl is eight. She is baptized. And if you notice her not growing, or aging, its because her and I have a deal. She has to stay my little girl for the rest of her life!

6 comments:

Missy said...

Congrats to Kira! That's awesome! Her dress is so pretty too.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I'll never forget that HUGEST GRIN ever when she came out of the water. It's one of those things you don't even need a picture of, since we'll never forget, right?

Brandi said...

Congrats to Kira!

Tooele Brezoff said...

Beautiful Dress!!! Congrats!!

Mary Ann said...

She is so beautiful. I am actually tearing up because I really wish I could have been there. I miss you

Holmes said...

Thanks for letting me come. It was so good to see everyone. I couldn't believe how many kids were baptized and it made me think of people waiting at the waters of Mormon or when you read in Acts that 1000 or more joined in one day.