27 July, 2009

blah blah blah

I can't find my camera battery charger. Why it is EVER not in the camera bag is beyond me. I have a million things I want to take a picture of- nope. If you have seen it- let me know!
Few things-
Friday Dave officially has been hit by the economic crisis the country is in. We are lucky really- because I guess we expected it sooner. He was cut one day a week. Its terrifying. I have no idea how things will work out. He still does have a job, and they expect more work in January. I will actually LOVE having him home an extra day a week- but since we will have no money, we will not be going anywhere fun! We have tried to prepare for this. We have cut out EVERY extra, trying to pay extra on things, but we needed more time! (Don't we all!) A few things I wish we would have done, but what can we do now?
Mom took Jordan on an "Elmer" day. She took him to the movies, bought him popcorn, went shopping, and cut his hair. He LOVED it! He told us he did not need a "Elmer day" all the time- but a "Jordan" day would work too! I guess its the first alone day he has had with Nanny in about 6 years! Wow! She brought him home on the 24th, and we had a yummy BBQ with her, Bonnie, Aaron and kids, and Everyone here. It was nice.

Saturday I started by cleaning the church. It was SWELTERING in there! I was a sweaty as a triathlete! (and without the nice muscles!) I then went into Salt Lake with some friends and the kids to meet a friend of ours who has moves to Missouri. We sure miss her. Fun times.
Our stake did a family fun day that evening, games, food, and swimming. We enjoyed the games and food. Dave trying to take on the teenagers at tug of war- pretty FUNNY!I guess I am done bantering. Pretty boring I guess. I have been pretty good- but last night I had a hard night- thinking of our sweet little angel baby. I know he is ok- but I sure just miss him. I know he knows I love him so much and is just waiting for me. Someday.

4 comments:

BigWaveDave said...

what do you mean trying to take on the kids, It took Jordan S. Jordan W. Justin, Conner and 3 other unknow kids to move my all too heavy but forward. and that was in my crocks!

stephschmidt said...

"I know he is ok- but I sure just miss him" - I couldn't have said it better myself. It will get easier. Just takes time. I'm so sorry about Dave's job, but, like you, I'm so grateful he does still have one. You have been so wise to save where you can to prepare!

Just Us said...

It's so hard to know what to say when people are going through a hard time. I sure have been thinking about you and hoping you're okay. I'm sorry to hear about Dave's job--stuff like that just puts knots in my stomach. Let me know if there's anything we can do! p.s. I'm glad you're still hosting book club tonight, I think you should sing some karoake to sing your cares away?? :) I'm still trying to decide what to bring...hmmm

~Jordyn said...

Hey we went to the stake day. I didn't see you guys there. :( I'm sorry about Dave's job. Let us know if you need anything.