17 August, 2008

night at the movies.



Thursday night Nicole and Jordan and Kira asked us if they could have a neighborhood movie night. They have wanted to do this for a while- so we gave the green light. Dave quickly printed up and invite and the kids ran all over the neighborhood inviting people. Friday night as I was in the house making popcorn- (thanks for the help Emilie) people began showing up. Dave set up the projector and screen- and by the time I came out with popcorn we had...hmmm...40 people on blankets and lawn chairs in the front yard! I was so surprised! I thought it was fun for them. We watched Penelope- but I hope next time we can watch something with a tad more adventure! We will have one more before it gets cold. This being the first- we know a few things that we will do differently to make it that much more fun- So stay tuned! My kids had such a great time! Thanks to everyone who came!

11 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

That looks like fun. Tiring, but fun. I've never even heard of this movie, was it pretty good??? kelli

Brandi said...

That was a cool idea. it looks like you had a great turn out. Fun Fun Fun!!

Henriksen TRIBE said...

Thank You so Much My kids had a great time. maybe next time I can stay and watch the movie too. I am sure everyone had a blast and will not forget it. At least I know my kids won't forget.
Emily

Alienfloyd said...

It was very cool, thanks for the invite.

Unknown said...

the movie was really cute...kinds like a fairy tale.

Missy said...

Man!! I missed it!! Penelope is a cute movie too!! How fun!

Mary Ann said...

How fun! That looks like such a blast- I had wanted to see this movie- would you recommend it?

Unknown said...

Mary ann- The movie is charming and funny. Not my usual type of movie- but yah- way cute.

Unknown said...

Oh- and before the next one I will post it here too so in case the kids do not bring ya an invite- you can still come over- it will be a Sat. night so I can stay up the whole time!

Kristi said...

Oh how fun, we would've loved to have been there! Why don't we live closer?!?

Kristi said...

Uh, apparently I'm signed in as Kristi...she babysat yesterday while we went to Lagoon. This is BONNIE, in case you were wondering.