18 August, 2008

Ever the patient one

One of my strengths is patience. I am always easy going and calm waiting for things. If the kids are misbehaving- I can patiently weather the storm- and calmly solve the problem. I can easily spot the Lord trying to teach me- and I go through the required steps to learn each lesson with grace and understanding. I am often the wise voice in the crazy storm of life- guiding and directing those around me. Those who know me best- turn to me for advice in moments of crisis- knowing I can calm and leave them ensured of my strength for them in their anxious moments!

Oh wait. hold on a second. That's how I WISH I was. I was confused for a breif moment, and was living in the Bizarreo Gabrielle world. (oops sorry!)

I am SO CRAZY IMPATIENT! I wait and wait on the edge of my seat for almost anything. The anxiety of the unknown is so overwhelming- I am sure I can burst most moments I am breathing!!! I am not content to just wait and see, talk about it later, or hope things work out for the best! How in the world can I control myself with such monumental consequences afoot? Its absolutely inconceivable to me!

My emotions seem jumbled up in a tight ball of confusion. So many things- I am trying to wait out or work out in my life today. Kelli is having the baby today, and with the complications she has had this pregnancy, and the difficult time she had with little Myah- she has been in my prayer and heart all morning. I know she will be ok- at the end of it- but I could see hic-cups that may make life difficult for a few weeks. So waiting waiting waiting to hear that all is well. Could drive a girl insane!!! Loves to Kelli and Derrick! Hurry up already!

My friend Shelly ( after patiently waiting) will be leaving soon and off to Missouri. Why is it when I feel at ease with someone and come to love someone- they have to go away? I have thought of her all day too. They need this move so much- but...can't they just stay here? and Nicole. Breaks my heart to see her lose the her first real best friend to such distance! We are so fortunate that Shelly and Chloe can fly for free and will be able to visit. but so sad to have them so far away. So there! ha! I can Patiently wait for their move! ( well is anxiety over missing them REALLY patience!?!)

Work. Is it not mental to worry about things all the time? I wake in the middle night trying to solve this that or the other thing. Trying to find a way to make things work without too many conflicts with others. I could just pick up work and chuck it into the trash some nights- after only 4 hours of sleep!


So breath. Deep long breaths. Concentrate. Regain focus. Patiently wait for the outcomes to deliver themselves. (that totally did not work at all!)

2 comments:

stephschmidt said...

I am so not patient, and I hate it! Let me know when you get it figured out. Then maybe you can teach me :)

Holmes said...

Patience is hard for me. I always want to know what will be next like how long we will live here, but it looks like I'll have to wait longer. I think I should consider now as good practice time. :)