Dave is finally out of classes! Woooo HOOOO! I have a husband for 3 weeks! I can't wait! Last night I called his desk at about quitting time and asked if he was staying late. (A usual occurrence...either he stays to study before class, or work an extra hour) He told me- "Heck no! Not on my first day of freedom!" That's right! Love it!
Nicole has still not gone to get her learners permit. I don't get it. I think its ridiculous. she just must not be mature enough. Last night she asked us what the point was. "I don't get a car, and I am not driving this stupid van." Are you kidding? Stupid right? I just think she is nuts. Reality is not quite in her grasp yet. But she has been a good girl and we stay close. I am very involved in conversation with her, and know where her head is.
Jordan wrote an essay the other day that I was so impressed with. It was perfect. I asked him what his teacher thought of it, and he said it was being entered into some essay contest. That made me happy- one: That he had written such great work and two: That I could tell how wonderful it was, and not just being a mom. Then he came in with his college level words to study for a spelling be. I knew the words. I could define all of them. But heck if I could even pronounce them all- let alone spell them. He was blowing me away. (oh, and he won the spelling bee.) I was impressed again...then that dork said last night- "I hate being the dumb kid in the family. why is everyone smarter than me?" Yah ok. I swear I will never convince him....
Kira has been busily cutting, pasting, wrapping, and secretly working on presents. she is my giver. (and the sneaker of her sister's things!) I like to watch her get all excited. she is reminding me of me. She wants to give something to everyone. I sure love that baby. (and her beautiful long blond hair!)
Juliet is a silly. She is all over- and can climb the steps when I walk up behind her. She is pulling a funny shy face when people talk to her, and she claps her dolly hands when ever she sees her Brother or Sisters after a long day at school. When she sees her daddy? Oh buddy! She flings herself at him and has a major heartbreak if he walks past her without big kisses and hugs. Its super funny. She makes us all so happy.
Am I caught up yet????
1 comment:
I love your ketchup! What gorgeously talented kiddos - I love reading about them!
Post a Comment