15 April, 2011

trying not to complain.... too much


Its hard being a single mom all week. Dave is so busy with school, and his hours are terrible at his job, we rarely see him during the week. Then he spends an hour with us, and retreats to do more homework. Usually finding his way to bed around 2. I have no idea how he is doing it. All I know is what I am doing. Surviving. and I am pretty beat by the end of the day, and if Juliet decides to be fussy (I may of may not have had a second bowl of enchilada chili...which would give the baby a belly ache 6 hours later....yah...I am super smart like that!) I can barely take care of her without passing out! I am making it, really, and David takes her royal fussiness if he is here so I can breathe, but there are moments when I wonder if my brain is going to implode! I shouldn't complain. Juliet is fussy- not screaming...she just wants me to hold and rock her. Kira will do it, but it stresses Jordan and Nicole out. (Ok...that is kinda funny.)

I wanted this. I just have to remind myself after 3 hours of standing doing the Juliet dance. And she is so sweet as she smiles at me. That is becoming a very frequent treat. What a doll baby.

I don't want to complain about being poor either. Making 30% less is a tale that many are telling these days. But Man! TO have a new baby and not be able to buy her anything is the pits! I have bought her a car seat and her diapers. That's it. Until last weekend. I bought her a pack of undershirts! A pair of 5$ shoes! A dress to match Kira's Easter dress! and...a Swim Suit! It was SO fun to buy her something! (I actually bought the other girls something for Easter and Jordan a sweater! A little new clothes for 4 kids at Ross and The children's place, for $65.00! Be very impressed!) Retail therapy is such a blast! I am afraid that I will not have the pleasure again for another 6 months, but hey- I am ok with that! I can pay my bills right?

I always have the camera out. What if my gorgeous children do something funny or adorable? They do you know. Sorry. I think they are the best ever. Indulge me. Right now, my life is about being a mommy. Here is my wallet full of pictures.
Kira and Juliet in their new Skirts. (Nicole said- "I am NOT matching the little girls!" Then was a little disappointed when she saw how cute their skirts are!


My mom realized that I had walked to the Dr.'s office a few weeks ago when Dave had taken my set of keys with him to work. Even though she has bought Juliet half of her expansive wardrobe, she picked up a cheap umbrella stroller for another such emergency. SO I had to take her picture in it...with a sweat suit Nanny picked up as well.
Having the camera out all the time means finding unexpected laughs as my kids take pictures. In these Jordan is the photog and the girls are his subjects.




Juliet is a wide awake girl in the mornings. I have to sit her in the highchair while I eat my cheerios. She loves talking to me as I eat. I read her the cereal box yesterday...she was all ears.



ok- these are just because she is a beautiful baby. I love her. My mom loves buying her sweat suits.

Her baby acne is clearing up a bit. I kiss it away all day. I can't complain too much right?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful little sweetheart! I want to love up on her so bad! Give her huge hugs for me! You are one lucky girl Gabe!

Stephanie said...

She is so cute! All your kids are. I sometimes feel like we are living the same life. It's amazing how we are going through so many of the same things... Hang in there, and it's ok to complain, a little. Know that you're not alone. Btw, my sister has a nice jeep stroller she is selling for cheap, would you be interested? (no pressure, just wondering)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Cute Easter skirts. Myah's dress is exactly the same color I think.

And complaining is fine, right? It makes it easier to get the job done if we can vent our frustrations a little first!

Mary Ann said...

Could she be any cuter? SHeesh! I need to hold her again!