Argh! Ok- So I have been trying to eat just like the dietitian and I discussed. I have done pretty well actually...my gestational diabetes seemed not to be causing much of a change in my blood sugar as long as I ate how I ought to...the only exceptions was the day I decided to have syrup in my waffle and the 2 holiday meals we ate with family. BESIDES then my numbers are just within a few points of in range...ya know- like 125 after meals and 94 in the mornings. I was happy with that...
My OB wants then below 120 and 90. So I was super close just doing it on my own...but he gave me the lowest dose of some short term diabetic pill... and for a day it worked....numbers looked good...but for the past 4 days they are like when I just tried to control it with my food.... So STILL BARELY out of range.
Frustrating I know! But not yesterday. Way high! No matter what I ate...my goodness! This morning I took my morning pill and breakfast. DETERMINED to have a good sugar day. I ate 3/4 cottage cheese and LITERALLY 4 pineapple tidbits on top...I counted them out so I could have 2/1 ratio carbs to protien like they want and what does my sugar come back at??? 180? Seriously??? I might as well have eaten a Snickers bar! I would have enjoyed it so much more! I mean sure- 180 whatever if I had not been trying. 180 for a girl who just wants so stupid syrup in a waffle. 18
0 for a girl who did NOT give all her delicious Christmas Candy AWAY to everyone else. But for ME??? Who has been trying like mad to eat perfect to keep her baby girl safe. NOT OK!I called the Dr. I have a one more day of numbers to collect before he decides what to do with me. Then add on the complication. I KNOW its all over once the cord is cut. I get it. But I am trying here!
And if you wanna know...this has been the only pregnancy I have had...out of 6, that I have not loathed every moment of it. I used to swear I was allergic to being pregnant. I hated it more than words could say. But this time...with every stupid complication in the book...(ok well probably that is an exaggeration.) I have actually felt ok, and enjoyed the moments most people speak of. I will actually even say, I have LIKED being pregnant this time. (its a shocker...I know.) BUT GIVE ME A BREAK! Can I just get through the next 7 weeks without sugars at 180 after eating a dang cottage cheese??? Or heck, someone bring me a Snickers bar and let me deserve the high blood sugar.
Ok. That is all.
2 comments:
I'm sorry, maybe I can help....... Stupid sugar. Stupid pineapple. Stupid cottage cheese. Stupid waffles. Stupid gestational diabetes.
sorry! It's such a pain in the behinder!!!! One thing that helped me,but I never did get them 100% under control, was to only eat 1 small carb for breakfast with high protein. Can you say bacon and eggs every morning?!? Then sometimes I'd eat a piece of whole grain toast but not very often. Fruits usually sent my sugars high. I'm so sorry! It is a pain and you worry so much about your baby... Good luck! Call or e-mail if you want to complain to someone who understands.
Post a Comment