23 September, 2010

A little bit nuts...

I get it. I am pregnant, and therefore I can get more annoyed about things then maybe I ought to. However, I really think any sane person would be annoyed. Not just the psychotic pregnant ones.

Our school is a drop off, pick up only school. Its about three miles from the house, but if you know my area at all, you know that if you walk a mile north, you are in rural farmland. Amidst it all, is our school. No one walks there, and 400 families drop kids off there every morning. We have been doing this for over a year. Last year some mornings there was cute gal standing out there to help kids a crossed the 2 lane drop off zone, but some morning there was not. What a miracle! No one was killed, hit, maimed, or scuffed during this morning drop off! How could a bunch of parents have pulled that off with out taking out someones kid??? (Ok...as you can see, I am being sarcastic.)

So this year, because we parents love to play bumper cars, and take points for offing one another's kids, the school has seen fit to pay 2 to three people every morning to direct traffic. (Oh- but not enough to have any Special Education Aides...but I digress...) These traffic people drive me up the wall! They stand out there flapping their limbs telling us when to drive- when clearly we all have eyes. Flapping and flailing all over the place when 1. there is NO WAY in the world I am not going to check my blind spot, and proceed very slowly, not to take out a child. Because um... I don't wanna run over anyone. and 2. These flailers are chatting and joking with the IDIOTIC mom who DAILY pulls to the curb, gets out, opens her trunk, puts each backpack on each of her 4 kids backs, hugs, and kisses them, while 400 hundred other cars are in line, waiting, who told their kids to have a great day, as they jump out of the car, as to keep the line moving quickly! Seriously??? Impatiently flap your arms to NORMAL moms who are totally aware of whether or not it is safe to go, while yakking with the moron lady holding us all up!! No- they could not possibly make a mistake.

I have been so annoyed as of late- I don't even look at these flappers- I just watch the road, and take care of business...they can be as annoyed as they want, if I go slowly into the morning sun, not to hurt another living soul. And that mom!!! SERIOUSLY lady! Your kids can get out of the car, holding the back pack on their laps...not held in the trunk, and pile out without a kiss, and a collar adjustment! Its not like they are kindergartners on the first day of school! Its been 5 weeks.... Do I REALLY have to see this every single day???

Heh. now that that is off of my chest, I might be able to handle a few more weeks of backpack lady, but maybe not. Maybe its ok to take ONE person out in the morning tomorrow... She is a rather small lady, and everyone in line would thank me. I will think about it.

Oh- on a totally unrelated subject- I love to shop, I do. (Ew. Not GROCERY shop.) But since I am always lacking funds, I don't do it often. I don't usually buy anything we do not need, and I NEVER buy anything fun just for me. But WOAH! I bought my self this bar of homemade soap a few weeks ago. Its Oatmeal, Milk, Honey, Peppermint. It smells and feels divine! I just love it more than words can say! It is made by "the Soap Lady". I LOVE it! I want more! Lots more! I want to try other kinds, and all I can think of is more and more soap! IT feel great on my skin, and washes off sooo nice! Why, oh why can I not have lots lots more??? I am just saying.

4 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I think you need to write a letter to the backpack lady and just hand it to her while she is kissing her kids!
That would bug me to the point of ramming her car, so good thing you take my kids to school for me! Thank you!

Mary Ann said...

We just have a police man who wears a flourescent pants suit while he is directing traffic in front of our school. But, if I can get out of here 5 minutes before everyone else, we don't have to wait in line at all. Most mornings, we have to wait. That lady would get in big trouble here!!
I love all your pics. Miss you!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

We've had 2 kids hit at our school in the last week. And we have a backpack lady too! In the past, I found myself so irritated at her, that I swerved out around her (against my better judgment). It could have been bad. Don't do it.

Lorelei said...

Ugh! I could not handle her. What a smothery mom. Also I like to shop too! But ONLY for food! When we go clothes shopping for me I get really sleepy. I know weird.