10 April, 2010

Keeping your mouth shut.

We went to a birthday party for my Aunt Julia last night. It was a nice party and I think we all had a great time. Nothing monumental or anything- but the whole surprise dynamic mixed with my family is worth remembering!

Shantel has been planning this party for quite some time. 6 weeks at least. She sent out emails- and messages on Facebook. All precautions were taken in every area. The underlining theme was- DO NOT TELL GRANDMA ESTHER!!! We ALL knew my grandma can not keep a secret- and Shantel would tell her when the time was right. There was some pretty funny banter in our emails about her spilling the beans.

Last night we all arrived at the clubhouse. "Over the Hill" decorations covered the room. Shantel and Sheena went all out on the decorations. We are all congregated, laughing and anticipating the surprise when Grandma Esther says, I don't know what you are all worried about- she already knows. Shantel had told her AN HOUR before. AN HOUR! She had already spilled! I actually can't figure it out. Does she have to be the center of attention, of does she like to make us all crazy. I think the girls were pretty disappointed. I thing my grandma is ridiculous.
Sheesh- couldn't keep her mouth shut for 60 minutes!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Funny! and slightly ridiculous.
Thanks for calling me today- it was really good to talk to you. I miss you all the time. Thanks for being you because it makes me miss you!!!!!

stephschmidt said...

LOL - that is so funny. Some people.... :)