I think I need to revise the way I pray. I suppose its a lesson we all learn, and I really am OK with the lesson. Something I am willing to learn and change. Maybe everyone goes through this at one time or another. Its kinda funny really, when I sit down and think about it. Not that my Father in Heaven is teasing me into being 100% specific- I know that is not it! I know my trials are mine, and I have to live them and wear my badge of survival with pride afterwards. I just get to be grateful for every lesson on the way- including being more specific!
I have been praying for at least 8 months that Dave's boss would get more work. I was fortunate to have been blessed with the knowledge that they would get more work soon. I felt a comforting calm, each time I prayed for them. I was thrilled to have that "inside" knowledge and reassured Dave all the time, that it would work out. He is a big stresser- but who can blame him. He pays our bills and knows just how slim we have to pull our belts! He knows he will be unable to find gainful employment in this ridiculous economy, and the even MORE ridiculous government who are clueless as to how to solve it. (another story!) But I told Dave I KNEW work was coming.
Tears of joy and gratitude were shed by me when he told me- they did get more work. Maybe not enough for a year, but more work none the less. Again with my prayers of thanksgiving. BUT I should have known better. When it rains- it pours- and all this while I have been praying for the firm to get more work, I should have been praying that Dave would maintain his employment! NEEDED to be a hair more specific- like...Dave will still need that job when the work comes in. Ha ha. I guess my lesson is learned!
I am not angry. Really I am not! I am indeed grateful that my prayers were answered for other families. Others who have children to feed, homes to keep, and bills to pay. I am not angry that this is a trial that Dave and I have to face. worried? Extremely! I am terrified of losing my home, the home I was lead to by my faith, and having no where to go! I do know that my faithful husband would do everything in his power to prevent that. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me, and wants me to happy. Mostly I know He wants me to learn, and I will- I will learn whatever I need to, and be grateful for it. Including - being a little more specific in my prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Gabrielle, I'm so sorry. I really don't even know what to say. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. What sort of things does Dave do? I can start asking around to the people I know for any job openings. Hugs to you and your family.
So sorry! We're right there with you. It sucks! Life is a learning place that's for sure but sometimes I'm ready to be done learning! Hang in there. We'll keep you in our prayers. You guys are loved!
think we have all been there and it does indeed suck especially the great fear of what will happen next...we have been so far down and got so close to lossing our home but if we can make it you can too(you are MUCH stronger than I am). we will keep you all in our prayers XOXOXO
you guys know you can live in my basement! You will LOVE IT! hehe
Post a Comment