On Tuesday I stopped in at the school to make sure some accommodations were being met for my child, and was hired by the Special Ed to work with some sweet little kindergartners! So my first day of work would be after my concert I had been so excited for! Figures huh? So I went to work with 3.5 hours of sleep! (and you know me! I am so horribly grumpy without my sleep!)
Since then, I have spent the last 3 days with 5 year olds. I just adore them. I have missed actually working with kids. It should be piles of fun! One boy has got to be the cutest thing I have ever seen- and everything he says is wonderfully sweet. He does not call me my name, or teacher, he calls me "friend." Another little guy told me today that I can come to his house for dinner. I told him that I needed to eat dinner with my kids and he said- " Let me ask my mom if they can come too!" Hahaha! What a doll face. The afternoon class has a bunch of kids who are still crying for their mommies the first 30 minutes of class and it kind of breaks my heart. I am so grateful for prayers that are answered, being remembered by my Heavenly Father, and amazing family who is helpful and understanding!I planned on talking endlessly about how great Dave (Gahn), Martin (Gore), and Andy (Fletcher)are. I was going to tell you how- even after seeing them 20 years ago at the Salt Palace and 6 times in between! - they are still so much fun, energetic, and wonderful! I was all geared up for another amazing Depeche Mode show, with nothing else exciting going on in my life. Boy was I wrong! Now don't get me wrong! This was the best DM show since Alan left the band- and ALMOST as good as the show in 1990- but still not quite! Lorelei and I had a great time, had FANTASTIC seats, and with the 4 inch heels Lorelei brought me to wear- no tall guy's head in my way!
But what was on my mind most was where I would be going in the morning!
Lorelei and I both brought cameras. After the first 2 pictures- we put my camera away because hers was AMAZING! So here you go... I realize there is a bunch- I just want them for my scrap book! Such great pictures...sooo close- like we didn't even take them...but we DID!
Andy- doing his thing
Martin playing- In Chains
Dave Singing- In Chains 



Dave
Huge 3 dimensional ball thing-y about the size of a Yugo
Dave and the never replacable Alan replacement.
Martin singing- Shake the disease
Martin- Oh how I love his beautiful voice. Dave said I could keep him if I could talk Martin into living on my dresser! I forgot to ask if he would.
Martin- not zoomed in
Dave singing - Never Let me Down: It may seem there are arms in the way- but those of you who have seen DM understand why this is a COOL shot.
My Favorite picture- I <3Martin Gore!
6 comments:
Wow, leave it to you to go in to a school looking for simple info and leave with a job! That is awesome! Sounds like something you would be perfect for because I bet those kindergarteners just love you and how kind you are. :)
Yay for a job you like!
Yeah for the job but OH Man those are GREAT PHOTOS!!!
Yeah to comment on the Never Let Me Down pic... Mark asked me if I was going to delete that one... I was like NOOOOOOOO! That is a sweet picture! It freakin' SHOWS the show! Man... I have to sneak my big camera into every show now...
I think my sister in law and brother in law went to that show, I can't believe you are working at the charter school, do you ever see sam? he hasn't said anything. Wow, how great! congrats.
Memories.....
Looks like fun. But the 4 inch heels sound absolutely MISERABLE to me!
Post a Comment