I don't know what caused it. Really! It could be because Jessica was the one showing me how to do things? Being born 3 months early- my mom said I did not hit milestones quite as fast as other babies my first 2.5 years. In fact they told her it would be 5 years. But Jessica came along a year behind me, and taught me how to talk and walk and did all the translating for me to my parents. How that must have annoyed me!
Is it because I like to always have my foot in the pool? I have to know what is going on? (How on Earth am I supposed to let my son go on a mission and not be able to know every movement? TWO phone calls a year?! Was this set up just to KILL ME?)
Is it because I am out to prove that I am capable of anything I set my mind to? What did my parents instill in me? Or did God know that I needed to this way to complete the tests he has in store for me?
I am so SUPER stubborn, SINGLE minded, and will DENY anything that was not TOTALLY my idea till my dying breath- unless all of a sudden it somehow becomes
MY GENIUS IDEA!
There is nothing wrong with that right?
( This is my blog remember! Please direct all answers to these questions to me in total compliance!)
7 years ago when David started working in Salt Lake, he wanted to move closer to his work. OH NO! Like that was going to happen! I was perfectly happy where we were. I loved our ward, loved being near family and friends, and our kids were in a great school! There was NO way I was hearing any of that! It wasn't until I thought it was time that we started looking! (I should mention that when I decided it was time, our house sold in 24 hours, we found the exact house I wanted, and moved into the best possible area ever - so maybe we moved exactly when we were supposed to!) But the point is that I would not even talk about it until I was ready- David really didn't even really talk about it- just dreamed.In the last year and a half LOTS of things had been presented to my mind that I need to take care of. I have very promptly put them on denial shelves in my mind and continued skipping down my yellow brick road. These things keep slipping off the shelves and falling into the fore front of my mind again but HEY! I PUT YOU AWAY! How rude! (one of those being that I needed to be at home and NOT at Maverik, but there I continued to work until it was MY idea to quit. or Warcrack. Thanks to a seriously BAD Kara that worked out too.)
This is a terrible flaw right? I REALLY need to work on this. BUT I do not want to! I like my stubborn self. I am perfect just this way! (Do not EVEN attempt to tell me otherwise thanks!)
I actually am trying- in fact- some things have fallen off that denial shelf more and more frequently until it was the only thought in my mind and I finally submitted my iron will. How does Dave deal with me? I guess he knew going in- and when he says that is the way something is- I jump right on board because he lets me have my way most of the time! I sure do love that man. and yah - Man I need a therapist! I may use all these photos yet! Sick of them yet?
3 comments:
The land of denial is a great place! hehehe
Cute picture. My kids asked me the other day, why is it that when parents argue, the woman always wins? What a dumb question. I mean, everyone knows it's because us gals are always right....right?
You are so funny! I love that last picture; you look beautiful! I see nothing wrong with denial....
Post a Comment