26 January, 2009
Just after I finished my crazy lady post- I got the call that my Grandpa died at 3:30 this morning. I spent the day at my Grandma's answering phone called and dusting for her. We went over and dressed him with her too. My Grandma is so super organized and when she stopped to rest- she remembered she needed to cancel an appointment she has the day of the funeral. When she said- "I will not be able to make it, my husband died this morning." it hit me just how much I NEVER want to say those words. I will talk more about this later when the grief is not so near.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Undeniably sad. I have no words.
I am so sorry.
I have to say that barely knowing Lamar, I was kinda mad that I had to go dress him, not that I disliked him, it was just that I knew It would be very uncomfortable doing it. But once I got there and saw how peaceful he looked and how sad your grandma looked, all selfishness left and I was glad I was able to help dress him in his temple clothes. as we dress him I got a total sense of peace and could feel the spirit there, I'm sure he was there to.
It hasn't hit me all the way yet. Kinda not looking forward to laying down tonight. Grandpa has always been a really quiet person, but I have always known that he loves me. I love him too.
I'm sorry Gabe. That's sad news. I feel like it's also a very spiritual time though.
I know that there are few words of comfort I can type, but please know I am here for you, You were so supportive when my Grandmother passed away I am so thankful to you for all you did for us. If there is anything you need help with even if it is talking please call! I love ya!
I am so sorry. If you need anything just ask. Take care!
I'm so sorry for your loss!
You know I'm here if you need anything. I'm so sorry.
What a sad deal - our dear Grandparents leave such a void, yet such a legacy in our lives. I loved reading Dave's comment too. There is such a spirit present at times like that.
Post a Comment