04 December, 2007

My days...

A couple of funny things happened that I want to jot down so I do not forget them.

On Saturday Dave and I went to a after party thrown for the young athletes who competed in the Junior Figure Skating Nationals in Salt Lake. It was an insane party meant to celebrate the end of a very trying week for these Olympic hopefuls. The room had 8 GIANT blow up toys, a LOUD DJ, face painting, every sport game, and us: a portable photo booth - http://www.rentphotobooths.com/ (mention us and we get a small compensation.) Talk about WILD!!! There were 400 teens and their friends, parents, and coaches. It was so fun to watch the release from pressure and these young people just be kids- in their grown up world. I have never seen such gymnasts in my life! Why do I find this particular thing funny? This was the first date David and I had been on in 3 months! We joked the whole time that we need to get out more!

Sunday at church we were in Sacrament meeting. The girls were being good. Kira was folding paper and Nicole was doing her best to listen to the speakers. Well during a particularly serious statement from the pulpit, I hear Jordan quietly snore. I poked him to wake him from his pillow- Dave's leg. He shot up wiping his mouth- as we notice the quarter sized pool of slobber on Dave's leg. Dave's face blanched- and it was all I could do to hold in my peals of laughter. Jordan was so mortified, that Dave too- was holding in his laugh. So Funny.

Finally last night we took the kids into the city for family night. We saw the lights at temple square which were awe inspiring as usual, had fun sifting through the Sharper image, (http://www.sharperimage.com ) where we saw everything we never knew we NEEDED, and had a nice dinner at the old Speg factory. ( http://www.osf.com/ )

When we go out to dinner or church for that matter- the rule is: Mom and Dad sit together, and kids can sit on their sides. No kids between us. This gives us a particularly funny view at restaurants. Dave and I on one side- Kids on the other. When Jordan starts telling his ENDless kid jokes- I see Nicole next to him rolling her eyes, which he can't see. Kira sending daggers, when one of the others is telling on her- its quite humorous. Last night- Nicole brought up a movie she would like to see and presented it to us as a future possibility. --Alvin and the Chipmunks-- Dave burst out laughing at the same time I declare VETO. I wish you could have seen the look of horror on her face! How dare we veto such a wonderful, perfect movie! I need to a video camera mounted on my head- to record the wonders of expression.

What a hoot. The rest of the night was really neat. Have you been to the South visitor center at Temple square in the last few years? It has changed so much! I thought it was wonderful! We always go through the North one- and I am grateful we decided to see the other. It is basically dedicated to the Salt Lake Temple. The miraculous feat of building it but pioneers, dragging enormous Granite from the canyons- the primitive tools used to cut them into the perfect stones. Oh wow- and then the amazing pictures of the inside. I have been inside, so I can relate- but to see Nicole as she saw the beautiful baptismal font on the backs of golden oxen- " Mom- look! That is right were I went! Up those little stairs!" Wow.

No comments: